So as many of you have may have noticed, I have updated Automater a few times over the last couple of months to address some specific issues and add some functionality. The changelog is as follows:
Changelog:1.2.4[+] Modifed Robtex data pull to match sites new formatting[+] Added Virustotal search for the hash function1.2.3[+] Added HTTP Proxy support. Will pull OS default proxy settings.[+] Modified some variables for consistency[+] Added comments[-] Removed JoeBox from hash search1.2.2[+] Fixed FortiGuard rating https://github.com/1aN0rmus/TekDefense/issues/10[+] Display help when no arguments are given https://github.com/1aN0rmus/TekDefense/issues/8[+] Added Hash Search functionality https://github.com/1aN0rmus/TekDefense/issues/7[+] Sources for Hash search are VxVault, ThreatExpert, JoeSandBox, and Minotaur1.2.1[+] Modified regex in Robtex function to pick up "A" records that were being missed.[+] Alienvault reputation data added by guillermogrande. Thank you!1.2[+] Changed output style to @ViolentPython style[+] Fixed IPVoid and URLVoid result for new regexes[+] Fixed form submit for IP's and URLs that were not previously scanned
So in short, it now has proxy support, pulls data from a few new places and will now take hashes as well. Don't worry we are not done with Automater though, I have a lot more planned.
Automater was the tool I wrote to learn basic python. As this was my first python project I made a lot of rookie mistakes. The code works and does what it is supposed to do, but it is sloppy and not optimized in the least. With that in mind, I plan to work on the next mjor release which will be a complete re-write of Automater from the ground up. Doing this should hopefully give us a more stable and extensible product.
See usage, installation, and download instructions at http://www.tekdefense.com/automater/