Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 2:33PM
Update: Automater gets its own project page http://www.tekdefense.com/automater/
Automater is an IP and URL analysis tool that I created to assist analyst in pulling data quickly and passively in mass. This is the first stable release of the tool.
IPVoid: Pulls blacklist, ISP, and Geo Location
Robtex: Pulls DNS information. *A records only.
Fortiguard: Pulls URL Categorization
Unshotren.me: Will determine if the URL is shortened. If it is it will display the final destination.
URLVoid - Pulls IP Address, blacklist, ISP, Geo Location, Domain creation date.
1. Download from github:
2. Unzip the file:
tar -xvcf master.tar.gz
3. Make executable:
cd TekDefense-masterchmod +x *
4. Now you are ready to run!
*Required Libraries: httplib2, re, sys, argparse, urllib, urllib2
Display help information
./Automater.py -t 22.214.171.124
./Automater.py -t securitytube.net
./Automater.py -e bit.ly/XDlV1q
./Automater.py -f hostsss
./Automater.py -f hostsss -o host.out
- If the IP or URL has not been previously scanned at IPVoid or URLVoid, the script is supposed to submit the IP or URL and then pull results. This seems to work most of the time, but on occasion it will not wait long enough to pull the appropriate result. Running the command a second time will work though.
- Can not use the -e and -f switch together.
- URLs with http:// cannot be scanned. Must take the http:// out for it to work.
- Please submit any other bugs to 1aN0rmus@tekdefense.com
- For those who would like to be able to just query a specific engine or source such as robtex, we will be creating an option to do so.
- Check IP and/or URL against Malwaredomainlist
- Check IP and/or URL against malware sandboxes such as ThreatExpert.
- Summary report that will give statistics on the targets highlighting the known bad information such as blacklists and malicious URL categories.
- Please submit feature requests to 1aN0rmus@tekdefense.com